Single Level or Multilevel Homes

Damon

Do you guys prefer single level or multilevel houses? I think both are great, but I hate stairs, so I usually side with single level homes. But I also wouldn't mind having at least a basement, just for a man cave. 😄 What do you prefer? Which sells better anyway? 

Edited by Damon

• Damon changed the title to Single Level or Multilevel Homes

I like big houses, so the bigger the better. I prefer a multilevel house, because you can make so much more with a multilevel. With a single level that's it, you can grow your home based on your property, but with a multilevel you can build up and around to make it even better. 🙂

I prefer smaller single level homes. For myself and family and for investing. I find 3 bedroom 1.5 bath homes under 1500 sqft sell like hotcakes in most areas as that is the segment that has the most demand. As you get higher in price point the buyer pool starts to shrink. 

I have lived in big houses. I much prefer living in our smaller home. Less bills, keeps the family closer together, and anytime you have a project to do there is no sticker shock after doing things on much larger homes.