What would you do if a family member cheated on their spouse and you knew?

Quinten

This has always scared me. What if I caught my brother or sister cheating on their respective partners? Like, lets say my brother decides to cheat on his wife, and I caught him cheating. Idk what I would do, but I would confront him about it at the least. I think it depends on the situation. Because if my bros spouse is rude, I may never tell her. But if she is an awesome person, who the family loves, I would confront my bro and then tell him to tell her. 

But, what would you do in this situation? 

This is hard. 

We just had a family member go through a very similar situation. My wife let the other party know. So that is how my wife reacted. 

With me I do not know if I would want to involve myself. Honestly if it was one of my friends that did this I may need to find a way to make the other party know and end that friendship at the same time since we do not have the same value alignment. 

I can also see me just keeping my mouth shut and minding my own business. 

I do know if my wife was cheating on me and someone else I was close to knew about it I hope I would get alerted so I could confront the situation. 

So I guess if I am going to live by one of my golden rules of treat other people how I want to be treated I would have to alert the other party. I do not like poking around where I do not belong but it is something that would have to be done.  

I feel like it isn't my place. As much as I would want to say something, I really couldn't because no matter what, you are forced to pick a side in that situation and when it comes to personal matters... I just can't. I am too close with my siblings partners to be the one to hurt them by telling them and I can't betray my own family. 

• Like 1

I know someone in my family who is activity cheating on his wife. Has at least 3 girlfriends. She doesn't seem to care though. She said she has no interest in sex anymore and just wants companionship and support, which he provides. I guess they are find with the marriage being open for him. A lot of people in my family are not too happy about it because marriage is a serious thing but they don't even bother talking about it anymore. 

• Like 1