Do you think we'll get another stimulus check?

Carson

Do you think we'll ever get another stimulus check? We got two, but I was hoping for a third or even a fourth. Do you think we'll get at least one more before the pandemic is officially done? I would accept another check, but I'm not betting on it. I don't think they will, but I hope they do. 

I am torn on these checks. I get that people need to help but at the same time money is not free. The checks are great for the people that need them but look at what is going on in the markets, real estate, used vehicles, lumber, and so forth. 

Its like minimum wage. It's surprising that no one notices as it gets raised the prices for everything else around them goes up. 

Money will never be free and the more that enters the system everything changes so things remain relative to each other. 

I have had help wanted signs posted online, at our store, and all over town for months. We offer a decent entry level job and are competitive with other employers in our area and we are having a heck of a time finding help. 

I understand the checks are helping the individual and I understand in the past the government has set precedent that bailing companies or people out is the best option. I much prefer the free market approach where things just work themselves out. 

We do have a huge problem in this country where people have trouble saving, managing finances, an so forth. When I say people I am talking about those huge corporations that also get tossed money. Bad planning on the financial front = bailout from the tax payer I do not think should be a default a solution. 

People are always so worried about the moment though and choose not to think about the consequences 10+ years down the road.

All any of this is doing is prolonging until something really bad happens and we are in a real world of hurt. It would be better to hit rock bottom sooner so we can get started on a real rebuild. 

I don't know I know my opinion on this topic is an unpopular one. I do not have a solution that would make people happy. Just a solution that would make society face the hard realities of what is really going on. The house of cards continues to be built and now the fall to the bottom will just be greater. 

• Like 1

I hope not. That is not to say people aren't hurting for extra money but every time the US prints more more, the USD buying power goes down. It is getting to a point where a $20 an hour job is going to be like earning $10 an hour in just a few years. That is terrible! 

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind having an extra check coming, but they're already offering extended unemployment for many Americans. I think that's what their focus is on for the time being. I don't expect there to be another stimulus check. 

18 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I hope not. That is not to say people aren't hurting for extra money but every time the US prints more more, the USD buying power goes down. It is getting to a point where a $20 an hour job is going to be like earning $10 an hour in just a few years. That is terrible! 

Yeah prices are crazy right now. But, I don't think it'll be like this for too much longer. Once the pandemic is cleared, prices should hopefully start to level out. But, I could be wrong. 

• Like 2

They need to start paying use when their own wages. I swear these politicians only know how to use us to make themselves rich. I don't care if it is left, right or center... Most politicians in America care about their money and their assets first and America and the people second. This is why nothing gets fixed! 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 10:21 AM, Ella said:

They need to start paying use when their own wages. I swear these politicians only know how to use us to make themselves rich. I don't care if it is left, right or center... Most politicians in America care about their money and their assets first and America and the people second. This is why nothing gets fixed! 

Wouldn't it be nice if they just asked the simple question: Does this action help my constituents? If the answer is no move on to something else 😛

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 2:32 PM, Quinten said:

Yeah prices are crazy right now. But, I don't think it'll be like this for too much longer. Once the pandemic is cleared, prices should hopefully start to level out. But, I could be wrong. 

I sure hope you are right! I feel like these Wall Street folks and behind closed doors screwing us over though. I am a bit paranoid after seeing what happened just 10 years ago. 

• Like 1