Are there too many cryptocurrencies out there?

Lana

I feel like I hear about a new cryptocurrency every day now, and I don't quite understand it. How does one start a new currency so willy nilly? I'm down for learning about new currency, but it feels like they're just pushing anything they can these days. 

Are you worried we're going to see a decrease in profit because of new currencies coming out? 

I would have said yes just a few months ago but the fact that there are so many means they are widely popular and growing in popularity. I read that there is the same amount of crypto circulating as USD which was not the case just a handful of years ago. 

They are super easy to start and people are just throwing money at them without thought. So of course people are out there taking advantage of the situation. Reminds me of the electronic gold rush of 10 - 15 years ago when we had egold, intgold, and a few others. 

A majority of these projects are going to go no where and are just designed to enrich the founders. 

Be careful out there and make sure to always do your due diligence before investing. 

• Like 1

I never invest in new crypto until I know it's a legit crypto that's safe to invest in. Rushing in to invest in the newest thing, is dangerous. You risk possible exposure to viruses, theft and other things. 

Research is key, and do a lot of it. 

• Like 1