Is walking really the best exercise?

Ella

I was reading a lot of health related things today and something that had been mentioned on various sites by different people is that walking is the best form of exercise there is. I guess this is down to it being natural for humans for posture and general mechanics in the body. Do you think it is true? 

I wouldn't say it's the best exercise, but it's the easiest to get into for sure. I suggest it for obese people or people who can't handle major workouts. Because there are better workouts to help drop the weight faster, but walking is best for those who can't handle the extremely tough workouts yet. 

• Like 1

That is what I was thinking. Maybe this is what was meant to be implied? Like it is something everyone can do that offers benefits. I mean really the only people who can't walk would be those with sever injuries, very obese individuals, and those who have issues with nerves or amputation. 

If you are a sedentary person you can get a lot of benefits from walking and it is a great place to start. I try to get a little walk in every day but its typically my cool down from jogging. Before I picked up jogging I made sure to walk a couple miles every single day. Not a bad habit to take up.