Reselling unbranded goods, is this a good side hustle?

I considered buying no-brand items at wholesale pricing and then adjusting the price to meet a profit. I would sell the items in an online shop and only have a set number of in-stock items so I would not need to spend a lot in the beginning. Is this something anyone has done here? If not, have you considered it? 

I think it can be but you need to stick with a specific niche. 

Did you have one in mind? Like if you want to target a specific person or specific need, do a hard focus on it. Make your site appealing to your market and make use of social media best you can. 

Yes I have made a very good living do this even with branded products. Buy in bulk and sell as individual units. 

In ecommerce in my mind it is all about offering the best customer service and standing behind your products if you want to build a solid customer base. So make sure you are passionate about what you are selling and that you sell quality so the customers always have a good experience. 

For long term sustainability of the enterprise make sure there is a consumable aspect to the product you sell so you get repeat customers. 

I've done this, but I prefer to buy pallets of returned amazon items. I found a lot of usable items and have sold them in my shop. If you know what you're doing, you can buy a nice pallet of returns for like $400 and sometimes get a boost in profits after selling everything off. Yeah you will get damaged items, but a lot of it is working, or just in a damaged box. 

• Like 1