If you knew a friends partner was cheating, would you tell the other?

Damon

Cheating is a touchy subject. I have been cheated on, and many of my friends and family too. It sucks, but you kind of get over it. But, what if you witness a friends partner cheating on them with someone else. Would you reveal this news to your friend? Or would you instead confront your friends partner and give them an ultimatum, that if they don't reveal the news, that I would tell them. 

I've never had to tell on someone like that, but I know some people who saw their friends partner cheat. It's especially hard if you're friends with both person, because what do you do in that situation? 

I have been through this. A friend of mine was cheating on her boyfriend. I really liked the guy, he was a sweet person. I didn't know what to do because I felt like if I said anything, I would be betraying my friend but at the same time, I hated the thought of her doing something like this to a nice guy. Instead of telling him, I had a heart to heart with her and had her tell him. He was angry and hurt, as you'd assume he would be. They ended up breaking up after that. This was about 3 years ago. I recently ran into him at the store and he is engaged with a baby on the way so things worked out for him.

I was cheated on once in high school. We dated for a few months, and I thought she was the one. I really was into her a lot, and honestly, she still crosses my mind once in a while. I know, it's bad. Anyway, she cheated on me with a guy that was a grade below me. Caught him and her in the locker room during a school dance. I was devastated, because I pictured marrying her, having kids and living a long life. I know lame for a teen. But still, it broke me. I made my presence known and ran off as she saw me. 

She tried to claim nothing happened, but I saw them locking lips and getting too into it. If I didn't catch her, who knows how long she would have strung me along in a relationship. What was worse about it all, is how chill she was when I confronted her. 

If my friend or someone else knew about it, I would hope they would tell me, because I wouldn't want to give my love to someone who wasn't going to give love back. So to answer the question, if I saw a friends partner cheating on them, I would tell that person, because I would want them to do the same for me if I was in the same situation. 

2 hours ago, Emma said:

I have been through this. A friend of mine was cheating on her boyfriend. I really liked the guy, he was a sweet person. I didn't know what to do because I felt like if I said anything, I would be betraying my friend but at the same time, I hated the thought of her doing something like this to a nice guy. Instead of telling him, I had a heart to heart with her and had her tell him. He was angry and hurt, as you'd assume he would be. They ended up breaking up after that. This was about 3 years ago. I recently ran into him at the store and he is engaged with a baby on the way so things worked out for him.

This right here. If a future GF of mine cheats on me, I ask that she also then breaks up with me, because I don't want to find out later that she was with another man. Stringing people along in a relationship, while cheating, is harsh. Kind of makes me feel like when a partner does cheat and doesn't tell you, that they're keeping you around as backup in case her new fling doesn't work out. Cheating is a sucky thing to do. 😞 

Edited by StanleyZEN
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 3:28 PM, StanleyZEN said:

This right here. If a future GF of mine cheats on me, I ask that she also then breaks up with me, because I don't want to find out later that she was with another man. Stringing people along in a relationship, while cheating, is harsh. Kind of makes me feel like when a partner does cheat and doesn't tell you, that they're keeping you around as backup in case her new fling doesn't work out. Cheating is a sucky thing to do. 😞 

Amen to this. Seriously, just don't cheat. If it is in your heart or thoughts and you feel you are going to act on it, then just tell your partner and either work through it or let them know you are not fully committed anymore. That is exactly what I think it is about. Like if someone cheats on someone, then you have to figure the only reason they are staying in the relationship and lying to the person is out of green and convenience. 

• Like 1