Starting a food truck to grow into a restaurant

Brenden

I was thinking, it would be really cool to start my own food truck. But, what would be even better, is if I can make that food truck into a bigger restaurant at some point. Do you think that could be the inevitable future after running a food truck? I figure it would help a lot, especially if the food truck makes enough money. 

• Like 1

This sounds one of the more affordable ways to test your concept of the food you will be serving. If the food truck does well you would think that you could easily scale into a restaurant at that point. 

You may be able to get into the food truck for cheap too if you look for one to lease instead of buying one outright. Keeping your upfront out of pocket cost low while you test your concept. 

Another thing you could do is design the dishes you are going to sell. Launch a website for your local area and deliver ready made meals to customers that are local to you to test it out. If you are worried about food regulations and things of that nature you can lease commercial kitchen space to prepare your products. 

When starting enterprise I like to start with finding the cheapest way to test a theory so if it does not work out or if it is something you do not end up enjoying you didn't have to fork out so much capital that you become a slave to it to make it work. 

And the cool thing, is that you don't even need to start a restaurant. You can keep doing it out of a food truck if you want. It's highly popular here where I live, as a lot of food trucks are around. I think it's only going to become more popular in the coming years. Soon enough, we'll see trucks on every street offering food. 

• Like 1

I think this is a smart approach to the restaurant market. It is very expensive to run one and you really need it to be better than successful or you could quickly go belly up! Using a food truck allows you to get your idea out there without such a huge commitment. If you can find a busy spot and get people buying your foods, I am sure this could do great! 

• Like 1