How do you push back the work stress?

StanleyZEN

We all inevitably have work stress, and some of us have it worse than others. I myself have moderate stress, but there are times where I will be to the point of experiencing a panic attack. It's never fun, but I'm gradually improving on things. Anyway, what are some steps I can take to help with work stress? 

• Like 1

I almost love when things get stressful but it typically comes when a ton of things happen outside of my control. Sending me into a reaction based mode instead of being proactive. 

Since I do not have a boss telling me what to do every day I tend to break my day into blocks of time. Those blocks are used to do certain tasks. I do the task for the amount of time I assigned myself and move onto the next block. 

I understand the work will never be "done" so it is just taking steps that will move me forward every single day. 

Proper time management has helped cut down on stressful situations. I do live by the mantra why put off what I can do today until tomorrow but I have learned sometimes it can wait until tomorrow. Balance is important to being able to sustain efforts for long periods of time. 

I am somewhat like James where I can work under pressure and find it motivates me more. If I am not pushed enough to do something, I likely won't complete it be a goal or a task so a bit of stress helps me in that sense. Work stress is usually fine but family/relationship stress is what I can't handle! 

• Like 1