AMC stocks increased by a lot!

Sophia

I haven't been following this one! I see they made a HUGE growth in May with an 84% growth just this past week. Is what happened with Gamestop happening with AMC or is this down to actual investors? It is hard to make sense of what is going on right now. 

With AMC I think it's a little of both. Things are reopening here in the USA and people are getting back out and about again. So people should be headed back to the theaters which is exactly what AMC needs. It was also a business that was in trouble so the short interest was high which brought the retail investor groups to compete with the big whales. 

Really do not know what is going on with it but if you are along for the ride and got in nice and low enjoy it :). 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 2:11 PM, James said:

With AMC I think it's a little of both. Things are reopening here in the USA and people are getting back out and about again. So people should be headed back to the theaters which is exactly what AMC needs. It was also a business that was in trouble so the short interest was high which brought the retail investor groups to compete with the big whales. 

Really do not know what is going on with it but if you are along for the ride and got in nice and low enjoy it :). 

That is fair! I mean more people are heading out to the movies again. I think though that the concept is not as popular these days though. At least not in the US. I know it is still very popular in Asian countries, especially China but I don't know anyone who went to the movies regularly for a while now. I think the prices being so high put people off from going. A friend I had growing up used to go once a week and she doesn't even go anymore last I talked to her. 

• Like 1

I think it's just a natural bump for the pandemic ending soon. AMC is going to draw in more people in a short period of time, because people are going to want to go out and see movies in forces. Expect an increase in movie revenue for months to come, but I bet it goes back to normal soon enough. 

• Like 1