Do you let the debt bring you down?

StanleyZEN

We all have some form of debt I'm sure, some more than others, but do you ever let the debt bring you down? I know sometimes it can be hard to get by, and sometimes being in debt could make it hard to buy food and other supplies. 

I have debt in my life, but I try not to worry about it. I make enough right now to survive, and pay off my monthly bills, but I could use a much needed break with it. But, I try not to let it bring me down. That money could be helpful to me for other things, but sometimes we have to make due with what we do have. 

• Like 1

When I was in debt I made sure that every free hour of my day was filled with an activity that made money so I could pay that debt off. My number 1 priority was not to carry debt. So no I never let it bring me down if anything it turned me into even a stronger individual that learned that they did not need the down time and could just grind for as long as it would take. 

Of course those grinds are temporary and eventually you have no debt and you can sit down and relax while patting yourself on the back for a job well done being a responsible individual. 

I have in the past but I have learned to budget and find my way out. I still have debt but I have gotten it in order to the point where my husband and I are not struggling to make payments. We don't have to put off things we want to buy or do because of money either. We need to work on having more to save though so getting rid of most of the debt is ideal. 

Sometimes when I get an unexpected debt (car repair or something else big) where I need to put it on a card, I let it bother me. I get overwhelmed. I think "great! more debt I need over my head!" but then I center myself and realize I am better off, even with this new debt, than most!