Video games are even getting NFTs now?

Justin89

I guess there are games that are doing NFTs now. Ubisoft recently announced that they are doing NFTs where you can buy/sell weapons, cars, and other such things in the new Ghost Recon game that's coming out. You can read about Ubisoft jumping into this here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/ubisoft-is-bringing-nft-gear-to-ghost-recon/ar-AARzvvy?ocid=BingNewsSearch&pfr=1

Also, I saw a game called Lamo recently, and I guess that works with NFTs as well, and you can make your own figure that you can then order in physical form. Sounds kinda cool. But idk how it works with NFTs. 

• Like 1

I heard about this and was scratching my head but at this point, it does not surprise me at all. It is only a matter of time before we see places like Starbucks, Walmart, and even Amazon having NFTs cause corporations always want in on this kind of stuff. 

• Like 1

Crazy little NFT trend we are on. I am not understanding why they are needed in a video game since they could have just sold you whatever virtual good they wanted anyways. Sounds like a lot of buzzwords starting to float around the corporate world and they will all try to jump on it for some quick profit. 

14 hours ago, James said:

Crazy little NFT trend we are on. I am not understanding why they are needed in a video game since they could have just sold you whatever virtual good they wanted anyways. Sounds like a lot of buzzwords starting to float around the corporate world and they will all try to jump on it for some quick profit. 

Yeah I don't get it either. I know games like Counterstrike: Global Offensive have a marketplace in their game that lets you sell guns and knives I believe. So I don't see where NFTs come in. Unless it's because each skin for your gun/knives are different and only one is known to exist? Then maybe I can see it, but even so, it's just so odd to me how all of this works. 

I do wonder how long NFTs will be a thing. I'm starting to feel it will be around for a long time to come, and if anything, we'll see a rise in rare items being released, digitally and physically. 

• Like 1

I still don't understand NFTs or the appeal of them. It just seems like a way for rich people to move around their money and for people who are gullible to be scammed out of money. Just my opinion. To be fair, I felt this way about crypto back in 2015 so there is that.  

• Like 1