Do people care too much about sex today?

Scarlett

It seems like this is the case for a lot of couples, especially around my age. Like the relationship can be going good but if they aren't happy with the sex, everything else falls apart. I know sex is important in a relationship but it shouldn't make a or break one, at least not in my eyes.

• Like 1

This is something my wife reminds me of from time to time. There is more to the relationship then sex. 

As I guy I understand I need to "work" a bit more on the relationship and should not just expect. You do always think back to those younger years though of how things were. 

I am 37 and I have been married since I was 21 and been with the same women since I was 16. Keeping things fresh can be a challenge. 

I don't know honestly. I feel like everyone is about sex these days, but I'm starting to see more people who are kinda not into sex come out of the woodworks. Like the asexual people who don't have sex at all. Or I don't think they do. 

Anyway, I think it depends on the person really. Some couples can survive without sex, but some do want it more than others. 

I am not really a sex motivated person. If I meet someone I like, I will maybe consider it, but it's not something that runs through my mind all that often. 

• Like 1

I think people are getting bored with it. You will see teens and young 20 somethings out having a good ol' time but more and more people are coming to the realization that it is overrated. I think this is down to hormones playing a role. A lot of men are very low in testosterone and women are struggling with hormonal related issues like PCOS which kills your sex drive. I think it helps to only have been with one partner so there is nothing to compare anything to and no standards in your own head that you can project without realizing it. 

Sex should be enjoyable but it also shouldn't be something that causes you to end relationships over if you are not happy. You can always try new things with your partner. 

• Like 1