Why are TV series for adults so bad now?

Mila

We will get a gem like Ozark but then get a dozen or more shows like Santa Inc., the Heman remake, or whatever the Netflix live-action Cowboy Bebop is meant to be. I feel like the original stories almost always do just fine but when you try to remake something or spin a story, it just ends up tanking terribly. I have a hard time finding stuff I enjoy anymore and when I do, there is a 30% chance it either gets canceled or cut short. 

• Like 1

That's mostly subjective though. One show that may not appeal to you, may appeal to others. Santa Inc though, looks bad and I hear it is in fact bad haha. Nostalgia is huge right now, that's why you're seeing so many shows based off things from the 70s,80s,90s, etc. Those decades seem to be popular, so they are recycling the stuff people loved during those decades. 

I think the reason you have a hard time finding stuff is the amount of stuff there is. I have a hard time finding stuff to watch. But what I found is that I find a lot of suggestions online for shows and I that's how I find the shows to watch. 

• Like 1

I have thought TV series and movies have been bad since the early 2000s. Of course it is subjective and I am just likely set in my ways. A lot of content that is put out by large media companies now days does not appeal to me. My wife is still able to find new shows she enjoys from time to time but they still seem to be few and far between. We must not be part of the target demographic they are trying to appeal to. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, James said:

I have thought TV series and movies have been bad since the early 2000s. Of course it is subjective and I am just likely set in my ways. A lot of content that is put out by large media companies now days does not appeal to me. My wife is still able to find new shows she enjoys from time to time but they still seem to be few and far between. We must not be part of the target demographic they are trying to appeal to. 

I think it's because of the changing times. Everything is changing because of politics and the world as we know it. Back in the 90s, 80s and so on, comedy and humor was much different. It wasn't as strict as it is today. And I think we are set in our own times, as in we still have nostalgia for old classics and shows we grew up with. And anything new just doesn't do it. 

We're also getting older, and new shows are coming out to target a younger generation. I think there are a slew of good shows and movies out there, you sometimes just gotta go digging for it. 

• Like 1

I have to really enjoy something to watch an entire series. I am guilty of loving shows that aren't honestly rated high so like others have said, it is subjective but when you have an audience score coming from all different ages saying something is bad then you know it is bad. 

• Like 1