New Year's Resolutions?

Ella

I never do these because I always mess them up! Instead I focus on making small changes after summer. I like to be more goal focused at the end of the year to really get things done. I put myself on a timer and I feel like that slight pressure motivates me more than starting at the new year. 

• Like 2

Every year! 

Every year we need new goals. If we do not know where we are going we will never be able to figure out how to get there. 

New years is a great time. It does not have to be new years but for a lot of people the new year is just like a fresh start to make things right. Whatever it takes someone to not dwell on the past and just look forward I am all for. 

We need to set goals that will challenge where we currently are if we want to grow. 

My process has typically been that in December I will start to reflect on the the current year. I will think about the things that went well, where the struggles were, see if we hit the goals for the year before, and start thinking about what is next. 

At some point (as I said it does not have to be new years) we have to have goals so we know how to make choices. The goals will drive the decisions we make on a day to day basis. So make sure to have some longer goals set. If it is hard to think a year in advance start off with having weekly goals, then monthly goals, then finally yearly goals. Eventually you will have 5 year goals and 10 year goals and plans on how to accomplish your visualizations. It will guide your decision making and ensure you are on the right path for your own defined success. 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 4:49 PM, James said:

Every year! 

Every year we need new goals. If we do not know where we are going we will never be able to figure out how to get there. 

New years is a great time. It does not have to be new years but for a lot of people the new year is just like a fresh start to make things right. Whatever it takes someone to not dwell on the past and just look forward I am all for. 

We need to set goals that will challenge where we currently are if we want to grow. 

My process has typically been that in December I will start to reflect on the the current year. I will think about the things that went well, where the struggles were, see if we hit the goals for the year before, and start thinking about what is next. 

At some point (as I said it does not have to be new years) we have to have goals so we know how to make choices. The goals will drive the decisions we make on a day to day basis. So make sure to have some longer goals set. If it is hard to think a year in advance start off with having weekly goals, then monthly goals, then finally yearly goals. Eventually you will have 5 year goals and 10 year goals and plans on how to accomplish your visualizations. It will guide your decision making and ensure you are on the right path for your own defined success. 

I like your outlook on it. It makes sense to use it and really push yourself to achieve things in your life. I never really thought about it this deeply. Maybe I should give it a go this year. 

• Like 1