How often do you spend time with family (outside of who lives with you)?

Stacey

I noticed that more and more young adults are spending less and less time with their family. When I was growing up, I remember always being around for family events and holidays. There was always a reason to get together and celebrate but these days, especially since 2020, people seem less focused on family and more on work and friends. How often do you spend time with your family?

• Like 2

I am very lucky. My parents moved to town a few years ago and live about 1 mile away from me. My younger brother and his wife just moved to town last year and live 3 miles away. My wife and kids all spend a lot of time with them all. Me not as much we have a monthly game night, and some other activities that take place that bring us together a few times a month. 

We are always together though every holiday, birthday, and game night. I think it is enough with the right balance of living our own lives while spending time with the direct family members. 

I know my younger brother spend a lot of time with my dad but they share the same hobbies. I have always done my own thing and dictate my own path and I do not cross paths with my family members very often. We are all just at different places in our lives. 

As stated though our monthly game night brings us all together but I also mix my friends in there too. 

• Like 1

My family has always been close. We have two yearly gatherings every year with extended family, one around Christmas and one in the summer (usually the weekend after the 4th of July). Even though I see my parents all the time, I don't see my one brother hardly ever because he is always moving around and my aunts and uncles all live 40+ minutes away so I only see them on holidays. Some of my family moved out of state (on my dads side) and I haven't seen them in years though.

• Like 1