$2,000 a month stimulus possible?

Rachel

There is a change.org petition asking for the US to give all citizens $2,000 a month until the pandemic ends. It's based also on the fact that inflation seems to be happening a lot lately, with a lot of items going up in price as of late. The petition is close to reaching 3 million signatures, and only needs a little bit more to reach that 3 mill. Sadly, I doubt this will make a difference, as I doubt the government has any plans to put out $2,000 a month, let alone another stimulus. But what do you guys think? 

Also, you can see the petition below. 

https://www.change.org/p/give-2000-month-to-every-american-moneyforthepeople-covid19

Doing more stimulus will only make inflation worse. At this point, we need to focus on people getting back to work. I know getting 2k a month would likely help a lot of people short term but in the long run, it would make everyone's future worse off. I hope they don't do this again. Between the mass printing and the multiple stimulus checks, couples with people not working... It is going to be a mess for everyone. Food shortages are set to be an issue for years now, not just months. 

Just giving away money helps nothing in the long run. This would just make inflation worse. We need to produce and sell things that is the only way out of this. 

Sure if they want to keep printing money and the people that need money think it is helpful but only because they do not see the big picture. 

Lease renewals this year on my rentals we are getting our largest YoY raises we have ever gotten. The price of everything just keeps going up. The more money floating around the more expensive things will be. I used to have a team member that would always remind me everything is relative. These easier money is to come by the more expensive things will be. The more rare money is the cheaper things will be. 

As a country we need to focus on things that are going to help people. Like reducing energy costs, building jobs where people build real things, and exporting products to the rest of the world. 

Instant gratification is never good for long term solutions. 

• Like 1

I probably sound like a broken record with my family and friends, but anytime the topic gets brought up I just say "put jobs back in America". Everything that has been done this year as made big corporations seek out employees outside of the US. Not only that, but we hardly make any of our own stuff and now we are buying oil of all things elsewhere. None of this makes sense.

• Like 1

I think it'd be awesome, but yeah, it'd just cause further inflation to occur, and we all know how that will go. The Stimulus didn't do a whole lot for anyone, but I won't complain about free money. 

Jobs are a mess right now. It looks like so many places are looking to hire and people are going for them. idk what to think. 

• Like 1