Did you ever have to do a full remodel of a property?

Mickey

Has there ever been a time where you had to do a full remodel of your property or a property you just purchased? I have known of people who have purchases houses and realized they would have to gut the whole thing. Has that ever happened to you when you purchased a run down house?

• Like 1

I have not and I honestly would never be up for that. I am okay with doing kitchen and bathroom remodels. I am open to that but a full house renovation and remodel? I would not want to do that! I would end up needed to hire people for this which can be costly.

• Like 1

If I am buying investment property that is the way I prefer it. 

Here is one we did earlier in the year: 

If a bank will finance it for the everyday customer it is not in bad enough condition for me. Less competition means you can buy things at better prices 🙂

I've always wanted to buy up a run down property and fix it up. I'm hoping to do that with the first place I plan to buy. Just repair it all up, or go from scratch. I know many who have remodeled from the bottom up, but I know people who were able to recover a lot of what was already built and build upon it. 

• Like 1