Are you busy being busy?

MotivationDistrictYT

In this video from Motivation District, viewers better understand the journey to finding their life’s purpose. Most people are looking for their purpose. However, this purpose cannot be found online, in the library, or through reading articles. Purpose is unique to the individual, but once it is found we must never let it go. The narrator of this video starts with an anecdote about his parents, their work ethic, and their background. Even at the age of 77, the narrator’s father continues to work every day at his medical practice, stating that his patients still need him. Inspired by his father’s dedication to his practice, the narrator states “I hope I never retire.” 

The following poem is shared during this video as well: 

“Spring has passed. Summer has gone, and winter is here. The song I meant to sing is unsung, for I’ve spent my days stringing and unstringing my instrument.”

This poem embodies a man whose heart is filled with regret over a life half lived. The narrator then encourages his audience to stop postponing life, get creative, see the world, and do the things that they have always wanted to experience. Essentially, the narrator tells his audience “stop being busy being busy.”

Have you lost the connection to life that you wanted to live as a child? If so, the narrator encourages his audience to do whatever it takes to reconnect with that within them. Too many of us are in a waking sleep with a lost sense of who we truly are. Life is lost when there is a large space between who you are and who you know you’re meant to be. 

This inspiring video from Motivation District is perfect for those looking to reconnect with themselves and their passions. The video can be accessed below: