Have any success flipping houses?

Carson

I've watched the tv shows about people flipping damaged houses. They repair them up even better then they were before and sell them for tons. Have you ever had success flipping houses? If so, what was it like making money from a sale? I'm curious to know. 

I just finished one :). Well not a true flip since I buy, fix up, and rent out but same idea without the sale at the end. I went great! We ran over budget, we ran over time line. We learned some new wild cards to look out for with houses built in the 1950s in our area. 

Happy to turn the house over to the property management company I work with and get it rented out over the next couple of weeks. 

Kitchen Before
kitchenbefore.thumb.jpg.a6b5d0bdfcf81a54af7e6c61e68b5d6d.jpg

Kitchen After

kitchenafter.thumb.jpg.bbd53976613e31c22eeb37e8b4b1aa95.jpg

Front yard before

housebefore.thumb.jpg.16bc17cdba87f8b78d71f72235b10d1d.jpg

Front after

houseafter.thumb.jpg.d14c627d06bd0b58bbd8a974d0a466f9.jpg

Another project in the books. Always feels so good when its done 🙂

• Like 1

Wow, I would totally rent that place! You did a fantastic job!

This is something I have always been curious about. I just have no handyman skills whatsoever and I don't know anyone who does. So if I were to buy a house that needed work, I would end up having to hiring people and that would likely eat most if not all of the profits I would have otherwise made. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stacey said:

Wow, I would totally rent that place! You did a fantastic job!

This is something I have always been curious about. I just have no handyman skills whatsoever and I don't know anyone who does. So if I were to buy a house that needed work, I would end up having to hiring people and that would likely eat most if not all of the profits I would have otherwise made. 

I dont work with my hands either. I partnered up with someone else though that does. I had the money and my partner had the handyman skills. So you can still make it work for slightly less of a return. Just like HGTV I knocked down one wall and then watched the project the rest of the time. I was the guy that took down this wall:

PXL_20210116_221436706.thumb.jpg.7df94a2adea878398534b6556dbe63ce.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 2:16 PM, James said:

I dont work with my hands either. I partnered up with someone else though that does. I had the money and my partner had the handyman skills. So you can still make it work for slightly less of a return. Just like HGTV I knocked down one wall and then watched the project the rest of the time. I was the guy that took down this wall:

PXL_20210116_221436706.thumb.jpg.7df94a2adea878398534b6556dbe63ce.jpg

That has to be loads of fun! I always wanted to knock down a wall like that. I love watching people do it on those renovation shows. It is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. I am obsessed with HGTV shows. 

• Like 1