Do we really need to rank on other search engines?

Justin89

Do we really need to rank on other search engines if we already rank on Google? I feel like it's kind of pointless to rank on other sites when already on Google, because that's where most people will find things anyway. But, do you still recommend getting ranked on bing and other search engines?

• Like 1

As part of my standard workflow for building new sites I always add my sites to google webmaster tools, bing webmaster tools, and yandex. The rest should pick it up naturally as more links point to your site or as there crawlers slowly make their way to you. 

I have never really looked into the optimization process for the other engines I just always try to follow google best practices and would assume that is good enough for the rest too. 

You are correct though with a majority of search traffic coming from google it makes sense that is where a majority of us tend to focus. 

Google should be your number one priority because 80% of the internet's traffic goes through them. This is not to say you shouldn't have other ones in mind but just be aware that Google is large enough to make or break a website so ranking high on them is what you should be aiming for most. 

• Like 1