Would you date someone who was bad, but turned their life around?

Brenden

There is this girl I really like, but she has a bad history of drug abuse, crime and more. She has come a long way in recent years, and has fixed the errors in her life, at least the best she can. We've been talking a lot and I've debating on whether or not I should ask her on a date. Do you think I should give it a try? I like her, but I do worry her past will come into play and she'll go backwards instead of forward. 

Would you date someone who was bad, but turned their life around since? 

• Like 1

Since you sound close to this person only you can determine the amount of change and if this person is on the right track. You also likely know what will retrigger them down the dark path and you may even know how to avoid those situations. 

If you are armed with a lot of information about why this person has abused drugs and enjoys crime and what made them start doing it in the first place you may be able to avoid future issues. 

I like to live by the standard rule of people don't change (rather depressing) but I always think people can change if they want to bad enough. We just do not know how bad the evils are pulling against the good. 

People can really change I have seen it in a minority of situations. We can all form new habits and values to live by. So maybe you should give it a go. It sounds like you really like this girl and maybe she just needs more positive influence in her life. 

It is just a date, I say go for it! Feel it out. Test the waters. See if she has changed enough for you. A lot of people go through things and change for the better. You never know, she might be the perfect match for you. You will know after you get her to open up a bit more.

• Like 1