Doing something small for yourself can go a long way

Justin89

If you ever feel down or out, remember that it's okay to do something for yourself to make things better. Doing even small things can help go a long way in self development. Being able to improve, but at your own pace. 

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is this, take time for yourself. If you're feeling down, take time to cheer yourself up, go out, have fun for a bit. Relax and take time for yourself. We always need a little time to ourselves. 

• Like 2

I always try to tell the people close to me. That you have to take care of yourself before you can take care of other people. You need to have your own shit together before trying to tackle other peoples stuff. 

It is not selfish to take care of yourself. 

When you are a plane and its crashing and the oxygen masks come down. You are traveling with a child who do you put a mask on first. My answer used to be my child. Now I understand we have a better chance of both surviving if I put my oxygen on first. 

Take time for yourself and keep yourself in a good a place. 

• Like 1

I agree with both of you. Often times, people look around them and think they are doing something wrong because other people are doing things better, faster, or just generally at a different pace than them. This is especially true today considering the state of the housing market, job market, and everything that got messed up because of COVID. It is always a good idea to just do you and go at your own pace. 

• Like 1