Favorite memory in a relationship

Yonder

The first time I got to meet my husband in person. We met online and were "online dating" for a while before we got to meet in person. The first day, I remember feeling so awkward around him but I felt so happy on the inside I couldn't function. 

• Like 1

There are so many memories. 

The day we met, hanging out at the bowling alley, and working together during our early teenage years. Then each kid that was born brought new joys and new memories. Now we raise those children and we watch them grow up while we try to guide them down the path of life which creates great memories along the way. 

Every place we have lived and every house we have owned. All the vehicles we have gone through over the years. It is all so special. 

I am grateful for every moment of it and look forward to whatever is coming up next 🙂

Well, there is one memory from my last relationship that always makes me happy. Even though we aren't together anymore, the memory of being with her was always a plus. One year she got me a PS4 for my birthday. I never got a big gift like that into my adulthood, it was great. But the main thing I always come back to, is the time she told me she liked me. We worked together at McDonalds at the time and we enjoyed each other's time a lot. I started to have feelings for her pretty early on, but she was more of a friend early on. 

Anyway, after weeks and months working there, I started to madly fall for her. Like I was into her big time. I looked forward to working if she was there. Anyway, she ended up quitting one day and came to me out back after work. She told me she hated leaving me behind and said that she is going to miss hanging out, and that's when I went for it, and told her I really liked her and that I'd like to see where this could go, and so on. I asked if we could go on an official date and she said yeah. 

That wasn't it though, because there was one thing I remember the most, and that was her saying she knows I can do better things than McDonalds and told me to make something of myself. And I did. We dated for a while, but we soon realized we weren't that compatible outside of work. She had a different attitude out of work, almost possessive, so we kind of called it off. I figured it wouldn't work out, and a few days later she called the relationship off. We remain friends to this day though, just not romantically involved anymore. 

But, the message from her still sticks with me, telling me that I'm better can do so much else. That's one of my favorite memories. 

• Like 1