Do you ever overcome trauma of the past?

Rachel

I wouldn't say I've dealt with a lot of trauma in my life. Though I have seen things I would consider to be traumatic, like finding a neighbor dead, but I have mostly gotten over that. You kind of get over it after some time. But it wasn't a gruesome scene in case you're wondering, so I think that helps a lot. Still though, when you see something you don't want to see, it does live with you for a while, or a lifetime for others. 

Have you ever been through a traumatic situation where it still hurts to this day? 

I fortunately have not been through any trauma like this. I have talked to lots of people that have and it really seems to leave an imprint on them. 

It is like when you cheat death. You survive by some miracle it would give you a totally different outlook on life. 

Will be interesting to hear about traumatic situations people have lived through and how they were able to cope with it and still live a positive lifestyle after the fact. 

The worst trauma for me was when an ex of mine showed me one of those videos of an ISIS member beheading someone. It was real. It was not scripted. He used a big butcher knife. I didn't eat for 5 days after that. I kept telling him to turn it off because I couldn't look away. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. It still gives me stomach aches when I think about it.

• Sad 1