Should you also market yourself?

StanleyZEN

We know we gotta market our sites, businesses and other aspects, but do we ever try to market ourselves instead? Marketing the work we do, showing what we're capable of. I've considered marketing myself out there a bit more, and see if it can work. But i haven't tried it yet. Do you think you can market yourself, and get business that way too? Or would it be best to market the business only? 

• Like 1

I guess this depends on what kind of business you are running and the people are marketing to. Like if you are a freelance worker, it is a good idea do to this to be more appealing to wider range of people but you also want to make sure all your social accounts are clean and professional if you do this.

• Like 1

We should always be marketing ourselves. Letting people know what we do, enjoy, and dislike can not be bad. It typically flows through starter conversations with other people very naturally. I am always curious and ask when I meet new people what they do for a living. 

It can only be beneficial for ourselves for people to know this information. As business owners or someone striving to be a leader of some kind we need to be able to connect dots and assist others with their needs. You never know what kind of opportunities will come your way.