I don't like using Ebay

Carson

Honestly I don't like Ebay. I tried selling on there in the past, but was banned because I said "Copy" when I mentioned a workout program I was trying to sell. No joke, because I said I was selling a copy of a fitness program, they banned me. I guess having any mention of copy, will do that. But, the sad thing is, that it wasn't a bootleg, it was just a copy of the program like you'd get at the store. 

So, I tried listing again, without any mention of copy, and that's when I was banned. Come to find out though, I heard it was other sellers reporting me, because they were selling new listings of the program and I guess they hate when people sell used ones and try to get them taken down. I heard they don't even allow you to re-sell fitness programs on Amazon. 

• Like 1

I used to sell on eBay many years ago when you were still able to sell video game items. Made decent cash doing that and made it all the way to power seller. Then they changed their rules and decided virtual items were no longer able to be sold. Made me change an entire model I had going. 

It is one of the problems with the platforms. I think businesses should really view them as alternative channels instead of the primary channel. If we rely on eBay, Amazon, Etsy or any of the other big players to help us move our product and we do not make effort to bring those customers off their platforms to our own in the end security will be hard to come by. 

I think we may start seeing more strategies where you put your loss leading products up on the platforms to attract people to your brand but then you drive them back to your personal store for repeat purchases once a bit more trust has been established. 

I love buying on eBay but I never tried selling. I heard at this point, it is hard to get around people you compete with because they do what you mentioned. False reports and accusations. I have had a few issues as a buyer and they were not resolved with eBay. I had to get PayPal involved before the issues were addressed. They have HORRIBLE customer service. Amazon actually beats them on that. It is a lot of things but at least they care about their customers... Well, Prime members anyway. lol

• Like 1