Magazine companies still have stocks?

Justin89

I imagine some magazine companies have stock options, or did in the past. But I'm curious, are there any magazine companies with their own stocks? And if so, would it even be worth investing into such a stock? Or would you suggest not touching stock from a Magazine company? 

I don't know a single person who even reads magazines anymore let alone invests in them. I would not be surprised if this was one of those things where it is open shares. No one actually owns the companies, but people just invest to keep them going. 

Yes but the popular magazines are owned by some of the largest corporations. 

So Time Warner which is now owned by ATT (T) back in 2011 published over 21 publications. Some of the most popular were Time, People, InStyle, and Sports Illustrated.

Reed Elsevier Group (RBI) is another publisher with their popular publications being Variety, New Scientist, and Elsevier.

Advance Publications Inc is pretty big and has been doing this since 1922 but they are privately held. 

The industry has seen a lot of consolidation as things have moved online. 

On 8/23/2021 at 10:44 AM, Quinten said:

I'm surprised that magazines even exist anymore. With the way digital has taken over, you'd think that in print media would be the way of the past by now. I mean, everything is online now and you can get your news within second of it happening.

I am 36 and I still read paper magazines that even have digital editions. I pay more so I can get the printed copy. I hate reading on my phone and I read a lot on a computer screen already. It is nice to get media from a page every now and then.