If you run your own shop, how much in sales do you get in a month?

Quinten

20 hours ago, Quinten said:

Does anyone here run their own shop? It can be any kind of shop really. I don't own a shop myself, but always wanted to. If you run any kind of shop, have you made a lot of money? How much would you say you make in a month or even a year? 

This will entirely depend on what you are selling in your shop, location, and season for some products. Personally i run a general shop, i make around $100 net profit daily. But during holiday seasons or towards the end of the year, i make more like $400 - $700. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Quinten said:

Does anyone here run their own shop? It can be any kind of shop really. I don't own a shop myself, but always wanted to. If you run any kind of shop, have you made a lot of money? How much would you say you make in a month or even a year? 

I run an electronics shop in a busy city. I could easily make a net profit of between $2000 - 3000. But since the pandemic hit, it is really hard to hit $1000. Such items are considered luxury at the moment. 

• Like 1

For my brick and mortar convenience stores I like to see $1000 gross daily sales and an average margin of 60%. This number is pretty safe with factoring in all expenses and the store will be running slightly above break even. We have been struggling to hit this target but we started as an online company morphing into brick and mortar retail. I told myself I would give it a three year try and I have a little less then one year left to hit this target. We are getting pretty close. If I can see the store is not going to cost me anything out of my pocket I will likely resign for another 3 year lease extension in 2022. 

• 1 month later...

I have no experience with a physical shop. A family friend owns one though. It is a carpet store. So you go to them to buy carpeting and other flooring options. I am not sure how much he makes. As far as I know, he has people managing everything for him at this point.

• Like 1