Are NFTs going to be a fad?

Carson

I feel like NFTs are going to be considered just a fad, and will die out eventually. Even though they seem to make a lot of people money, I just can't see it being a huge thing going into our future. What do you guys think? 

Bear in mind, I'm still so confused when it comes to NFTs. All I know is that you can make art, photos, videos, gifs, etc that can be sold as exclusive things. I'm kind of tempted to try it out myself. 

• Like 2

Yeah these have me a bit puzzled. 

I saw a platform that was tokenizing commercial real estate and the full thing just did not make sense. We accomplish the same exact thing they were trying to accomplish using fiat currency already. 

There are some things out there where if you ask why does this make any sense? Maybe some flags go off in your head. 

Who knows. The crypto world is the wild west during the gold rush. Anything goes. Which is fine but it means people need to know how to sniff out the garbage out there and steer clear. If they are appealing to you with greed it likely is to good to be true. 

I have no clue what to think of them yet. I am actually tempted to make my own NFT just to see if it is something I can make actual money on. I mean, if I can make actual money, it can't hurt to at least try right? I feel like people can make anything and call it art and say it's for sale. May as well give it a try right? 

• Like 1