Do most debt servicers offer cheap payment plans?

Carson

I know some debt collectors and debt servicers will offer the option to do payments for anything you owe, but can you get it lowered depending on your financial situation? I know many people who live week to week off their checks, and they aren't able to pay a whole lot. With that being said, do you think debt servicers will work with you to lower the monthly bills down a lot more? 

• Like 1

They will do everything in their power to be able to work with you. There is only so low they can go depending on risk tolerance. They did likely buy your debt and have to make a profit too. 

I would make minimum payments on the bills and make a large payment on another bill and start to snowball them out of the way. 

Hopefully the people living like this learn and start making wiser financial choices.

I know there are some companies who will function on your behalf to make deals with debt collectors and credit companies to bring your total cost owed down and they will lump it into one payment a month and you pay them to handle it all. 

• Like 1

My aunt dealt with a bill collector and she was able to get payments done. I'm not sure how much she was charged, but she was able to pay it off while she worked her one job. It didn't seem to faze her any and she was able to pay her bills, albeit on payment plans as well. 

But, yeah, they will work with you. That's what they're there for. They may not like the outcome themselves, but they likely will offer you a good monthly payment that won't be a big issue. 

• Like 1