Is social media enough to get traffic?

Justin89

Social media to me, is the frontpage of the internet, at least for most people it is. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and more, are taking the brunt of traffic on the web. Now, imagine using all of those social media sites to advertise. Do you think we even need other methods to get out there? Other than maybe paid ads on sites. I feel most of the time, social media is more than enough sometimes. What do you think?

• Like 1

The thing I have found with social media traffic in the verticals I have explored is it is an extremely high funnel type of traffic. So these people do not convert very well on the first visit. You almost have to use social media to get them to your site then when they land there you need to capture a email address to build your list so you can continue to market to those people. 

There are likely better verticals to work social media traffic but we have always used it for email list building and customer communication to show publicly we are out there and engaged in conversations about our products. 

It can me but I wouldn't rely on it as it can be pretty fickle. I know some people who have had great success from it and within a few weeks, their traffic just dies out because they heavily relied on social media. It should be used to supplement search engine and natural traffic. 

• Like 1