Do you find any work through LinkedIn?

LinkedIn is essentially an online resume of your work history. People use it to network and find work sometimes, and I was curious to know how it is when it comes to finding work. Does it work well? Has anyone here found work because of having a LinkedIn profile? 

I made one a while back, but haven't kept it updated sadly. 

• Like 1

I have had plenty of opportunities come my way via my LinkedIn profile. I use it as my online resume. I typically do not enjoy working for other people but one day the right opportunity will come along. I have been introduced to some successful early stage companies to invest in via the platform likely just because my profile says I am an investor / entrepreneur. 

Keep those LinkedIn profiles updated you never know what may come your way. If you work it and publish great content related to your expertise people will notice and you never know what opportunities float to you.  

I never invested enough time in it to know if it would work for me or not. I know a lot of people who have found work through the site though. I mean it can't hurt to do as James does and just have it as an online resume ready to go!

• Like 1