Is it possible to win a stock/stock option

Quinten

I'm still new to the whole stock game, but I wanted to know something about the stock market and it's this, is it possible to win an investment in stocks? Maybe the company is giving away stocks as a prize. Can that actually be done? 

• Like 1

Like a stock giveaway? Sounds like when they give away cryptocurrency. You can get shares given to you but it is normally because you do something for the company. A lot of startups like to go with lower pay and decent stock compensation so that your skin is in the game and you will work harder to help the company accomplish their stated goals. 

Dilution is never a good thing for shareholders so they would not be to keen on stocks being given away to someone for free. Likely would need shareholder approval to get it done and I can not see any paying shareholder voting to approve allowing now paying shareholders into the picture that are not contributing to the bottom line. 

I have heard of this before but it has been a long time since I have seen anything like this done. I honestly don't understand how you can just giveaway shares or stocks like you can cars and houses. Though when you give away cars and houses, the people need to pay a lot of costs for the "transaction". 

• Like 1