Facebook good for gaining traffic?

Rachel

I've used Facebook a lot for just about anything these days. But I haven't really utilized it so much with gaining traffic to the sites I run. I was curious to know, can facebook give me a decent amount of traffic? And if not, is there a way I can purchase ad space on facebook? I'd like to give it a try and see if it can work for me. 

• Like 1

It can be. I paid for ad space years ago, but it was just an ad that would show to your friends and followers. It was only like $6. I don't recall getting any traffic from it sadly. But there are other ad options on site, but I imagine it'll cost a lot more. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rachel said:

I've used Facebook a lot for just about anything these days. But I haven't really utilized it so much with gaining traffic to the sites I run. I was curious to know, can facebook give me a decent amount of traffic? And if not, is there a way I can purchase ad space on facebook? I'd like to give it a try and see if it can work for me. 

There is a lot of traffic on Facebook. Years ago you used to be able to get decent traffic from a Facebook page but with the algorithm changes over the years our posts are not showing up in the newsfeeds of the page followers as often anymore. So the follower needs to visit the page often to stay updated instead of the updates getting pushed to them. 

Facebook groups have always worked for driving traffic. As long as you are not spamming the groups and you follow the rules you should be fine. One idea would be to find a common question and make a great piece of content to answer that question. Then go to the groups and find people asking that question and answer it using your resource you just made as a reference. 

Facebook ads are another great way to drive traffic. We use them to promote our youtube videos and they send us viewers at an alright rate. They work even better if you have a product you are selling so you can figure out how much you can spend to make a sale and scale up an ad campaign. 

Paid ads do well from what I understand. I know a lot of people who have left the platform though but there are still loads of people on it which could be good for any business be it online or offline. I was using it when I had a blog but have since let that go and have not been on Facebook in a while. I mainly only use Twitter and I am using that less and less. 

• Like 1