Buying a custom house from Amazon

Rachel

A while back I found out that you could buy a home from Amazon, that once delivered, you'd have to build. But for the most part, it comes with everything needed, so you could technically build it yourself. I wanted to know though, would anyone here ever buy a house through Amazon? I honestly was tempted, but it costs nearly as much as just buying a house already built and for sale. 

Has anyone done this? Do you know anyone who purchased a house from Amazon? How was the quality? 

• Like 1

I think this is great if you already know what you are doing and want the convenience of having everything delivered to you. 

That being said, I would not trust the stability of the included parts coming from Amazon. The only house I would possibly do this way is a tiny house. Even then, there are better options that will build the entire thing for you.

• Like 1

A house is to big of a purchase to trust to Amazon. If I was going to buy a modular home I would go with a modular home builder that has been around for 15 - 20 years. There is something about quality especially in a house that I find important. Would hate to have my residence nickel and diming me with problems.