Stop doubting yourself

Carson

One thing I really need to start doing, is stopping the doubt on myself. I have always pushed ideas and new experiences away because of the fact that I constantly have doubted myself over the years. I have been working on it though, by trying my best not to doubt myself. It's easier said than done, because doubt appears when it wants to. 

Anyway, what is something you do that helps stop the doubt?

• Like 1

Doubting yourself will get you no where and just holds you back from doing things. 

Doubt is just the fear of failure. 

So you need to teach yourself that failure is something that should be celebrated and not feared. When we fail we learn something from that and as long as we do not make the same mistakes again we will eventually get the objective done. Every time we fail at an objective as long as we are trying different methods to overcome it we learn each and every time. 

So do not let yourself get wrapped up in all the things that can go wrong and instead focus on the things that can go right. Focus on the things that you can control and do not worry about the things that you can not control. 

As you accomplish the things you did not know you could accomplish you build confidence. That is a feeling of winning and you become addicted to that and continue to drive harder and further. 

How do others overcome self doubt? 

Most people have this happen to them. Even the most successful people. The difference is whether or not you allow it to manifest and have the final say. I think we have doubts because we, as humans, fear change even if it is good for us. Just don't let those doubts become fears and fears become action. 

4 hours ago, Ella said:

Most people have this happen to them. Even the most successful people. The difference is whether or not you allow it to manifest and have the final say. I think we have doubts because we, as humans, fear change even if it is good for us. Just don't let those doubts become fears and fears become action. 

Yes and I do not mean to sound like I have no doubt. This is a constant battle to keep pushing just a little bit harder. You get knocked down and you just get back up and keep pushing. 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 12:29 AM, James said:

Yes and I do not mean to sound like I have no doubt. This is a constant battle to keep pushing just a little bit harder. You get knocked down and you just get back up and keep pushing. 

Reminds me of that '90s song...

I never realized how much this was about drinking though! haha 

But yeah, I think it is normal to have doubts. Most people do. Just have to keep pushing forward and making progress! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2021 at 10:38 PM, Carson said:

One thing I really need to start doing, is stopping the doubt on myself. I have always pushed ideas and new experiences away because of the fact that I constantly have doubted myself over the years. I have been working on it though, by trying my best not to doubt myself. It's easier said than done, because doubt appears when it wants to. 

Anyway, what is something you do that helps stop the doubt?

Well, this is just a habit. A bad one for that matter. So all you need to do is to be determined to get rid of it. Self-confidence takes time to build, but it is important to start small. I do this by affirming my abilities every day. By positively affirming that you are good enough and that you can do it, will helps you to slowly replace the negative self-doubt. 

• Like 1