Finding stuff in purchased properties

Quinten

Have you ever found anything in a house you purchased? I know a lot people will leave stuff behind when moving out, and sometimes they leave more. For example. I've watched videos and read stories about how some people will find safes and old collectibles just lying around. Have you ever found anything nice in a house you purchased? I always dreamed of finding a safe in a house I buy. 

• Like 1

My brother actually works for a moving company that often focuses on cleaning out foreclosed properties. They are paid to clear them out and can keep whatever they find. He has found some really cool stuff! He found 3 of these shotguns that are valued over $3,000 a piece because they are considered collector's items now. He gave them to our father for this past Father's Day and he loved them. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 6:28 PM, James said:

I typically only find garbage that the past owners or renters were to lazy to remove :P. 

Have not got to find anything cool yet. 

Yeah, most of the time the good stuff is already picked up by the owner. A few times my brother-in-law got a bunch of old antique stuff from someone who just left with a few things. Come to find out, the woman who left it, did bother to pick anything up. We even asked her family to come and get it, they said they would and then never spoke to us again. 

But yeah, it can happen, but it's pretty rare. 

• Like 1