Would you ever buy into tiny houses?

Justin89

Tiny homes/houses have been popular as of late. People making their own out of storage containers, or buying one of those pre-build setups on Amazon. Literally, you can buy a pre-built house on Amazon, have it shipped to you, and you can then build it on your land. Has anyone tried this with tiny houses? And are tiny houses even profitable? 

I have never worked with tiny houses but I have worked with modular homes. Build quality has gotten really good over the years and there are some very viable strategies in buying land with city utilities to put modular homes on. 

I always thought a Tiny house vacation community around a lake or something would be really cool. It is crazy to think of being able to buy a house on Amazon in this day of age. 

I do hope that homes continue to get smaller though as affordable housing is getting harder to find in many parts of the nation and home builders are having trouble building smaller properties profitably. 

As a real estate investor in the Phoenix, AZ area I know homes under 1500 sqft do not last on the market long at all. So there is demand for those homes and I am sure many people without children or empty nesters would like something sub 500 sqft. The amount the bills get reduced by living in a smaller home can be astronomical.  

Hope to hear more from someone that has invested in Tiny houses and how they are making it work. 

I like tiny homes for what they are. I think they are amazing for people who prefer to spend time outdoors and don't need all that space. I for one like my space though! I wouldn't want to live in a small house much less a tiny home. This is not to say I would want to live in a mansion! I have my limits going the other way too.