What's the best method for drawing traffic to your site?

Justin89

I've been considering starting my own sites soon, I have some ideas and I would love to finally go for it. Anyway, do you guys have any suggestions on how one would draw traffic to a brand new site? I'm kind of new to running a site, or at least haven't done anything with sites since I was a kid and had my own free forum lol. But, I feel like a lot has changed since then. So any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated. 

There are quite a few strategies that can be used to drive traffic to your website. A lot will be based on the overall bankroll you have for the project but you can still get started on the cheap to this day. 

Consistently posting about your brand on your social media pages should drive a bit of traffic and as your following grows will continue to drive more traffic over time. 

Then of course you have search engine optimization. With a brand new site working on targeting low competition keywords consistently will drive more search traffic over time. 

If you are selling a product or something that can sustain paid advertising and allow you to make profit still then ads from the social networks, adwords / bing (ppc networks), push ads, and native ads should do the trick. Just make sure to set up your tracking well enough so you can quickly understand if your ROI is positive or not. 

What kind of site are you considering building? 

I would say to focus on SEO but that is like beating a dead horse at this point. Everyone says to do this but no one every explains how or why. 

I think it is important to have content on your site that appeals to the big search engines, mainly Google though. You want to get good rankings in the searches as well as get people to stick onto your site and come back. For new sites, post it where you can to form a system of back-linking, use forums and blog comments for this. Just don't be spammy or rude about it because it can put people off from allowing it.

• Like 1