How do you deal with the hot weather?

Rachel

I expose myself to it more and more every year so it does not feel as hot. 

I live in the Phoenix area and it gets hot. Its 113 degrees outside right now. When I went on my run at 9am this morning it was already 100 outside. 

I notice if I think about it being hot then I am miserable and may even convince myself not to go out. 

Stay hydrated. Listen to your body. If you are getting dizzy or feel sick you likely need more water and shade. 

We have lived here for over 5 years now and it did take some getting used to. Myself and my family have adapted. We spend time in the pool during the morning or evening hours. 

Now we have trouble staying warm when its anything lower then 75 degrees out. The AC runs 24 hours a day at our house keeping it a nice cool 78 near the thermostat but of course there are hot spots throughout. 

Like anything else its all about mindset and conditioning your body to it. 

21 hours ago, Rachel said:

How do you guys deal with the hot weather? I tend to go swimming in my pool or take a cool shower. But I also have the air on to help. 

What other methods do you do to get through the hot weather?

Swimming, live by the air conditioner, drink lots of water. Stuff like that.

20 hours ago, James said:

I expose myself to it more and more every year so it does not feel as hot. 

I live in the Phoenix area and it gets hot. Its 113 degrees outside right now. When I went on my run at 9am this morning it was already 100 outside. 

I notice if I think about it being hot then I am miserable and may even convince myself not to go out. 

Stay hydrated. Listen to your body. If you are getting dizzy or feel sick you likely need more water and shade. 

We have lived here for over 5 years now and it did take some getting used to. Myself and my family have adapted. We spend time in the pool during the morning or evening hours. 

Now we have trouble staying warm when its anything lower then 75 degrees out. The AC runs 24 hours a day at our house keeping it a nice cool 78 near the thermostat but of course there are hot spots throughout. 

Like anything else its all about mindset and conditioning your body to it. 

Yikes, I couldn't imagine living in heat like that. I can handle 70-90 degrees, but once it reaches higher, or near 100, I can't deal with it. I give you props for actually going out and running in 100 degree weather. I couldn't do it. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brenden said:

Swimming, live by the air conditioner, drink lots of water. Stuff like that.

Yikes, I couldn't imagine living in heat like that. I can handle 70-90 degrees, but once it reaches higher, or near 100, I can't deal with it. I give you props for actually going out and running in 100 degree weather. I couldn't do it. 

image.thumb.png.8a46f52baa55ce165cda9c3a3b1db5e8.png

Yeah this run yesterday when I started it was 101 degrees outside at 9:01am. The summers here are brutal but it has taught me how to deal with heat alright :). 

I hide away with my bestfriends Shelter and AC. They are the best! LOL

In all seriousness, when I have to be out in the heat, I prefer to be swimming or have something cold with me be it an ice bottle or an ice cold drink. I do not like sweating. 

• Like 1