Does adding central air help sell a house faster?

Quinten

I'm not saying central air is the main purpose people buy a house, but does it help entice people more when there is central air instead of traditional furnace like options. I like central air, because you can cool a place down so fast and I just love it! 😄 So I figure if you're selling in a hot/warm climate region, that central air would go over very well. 

This is going to depend on the location of the home. 

I would say if you lived where I do in Phoenix, AZ then yes having central air conditioning is a huge value add. When I lived up in the pacific northwest though air condition was not as standard on homes and when we were shopping up there we did not value air conditioning in the same way we do down here in the South West. 

So yes if the home is in a hotter climate adding central air should provide value to any potential buyer. 

Yeah warm locations and central air go hand in hand haha! I got central air for my house, and I am so glad I did. But, it can be very costly if the house you're trying to add central air to has an old system in place. Especially if you have those old style heaters in your house. 

• Like 1

I think most people in the US want central air or at the very least a window unit where they live. When it comes to buying a house, having that already done will incline a buyer to not only bid higher on the cost of the house but be less reluctant to chance their mind. it is not a huge expense but depending on the time of year, it could easily be an inconvenience not having it already. 

• Like 1