Do you ever market yourself at trade shows?

Quinten

Or any other type of business/work convention. Do you ever market yourself at them? Maybe your business or your site or whatever it is you're working on. I have never submitted anything for an event or show, but one day I would love to get to the point I can do that. I was curious, for those who do all kinds of freelance work and other tech related work, do work conventions and trade shows help you find more business?

My primary project I have worked over the last 10 years now in the first 5 years we traveled the trade show circuit. It was great for business and really made our brand stand out for consumers and it provided a great time to have some wonderful business to business conversations. 

Yes tradeshows are expensive most of the time to get to but there are some I go to just to stay up to date on industry trends and knowledge. 

I should be making it out to Affiliate Summit West and may go back to Shoptalk (this show is a bit hard to stomach on the pocket book but lots of good content and networking to be done). Just got back shopping a trade show for one of our retail stores and I go to that one every year. 

So I have used tradeshows as marketing a company and as a buyer. They are worth it from all angles. That is your target audience out there so why would you not want to put yourself where they are. 

Just remember to work the show while you are there. If you are leasing a booth do not just sit in it all day waiting for people to come to you. Stop every person walking by until someone stops for you to lay down your pitch. 

A friend of my  brother's does this. He actually makes custom fishing equipment. He tends to sell VERY well at trade shows and conventions but they have not been as popular since COVID. A lot of people canceled them or backed out of doing them this year. If you have them in your area, scope some out and see what you think. 

• Like 1