How to stay motivated during finals?

James

It has been a long time since I have been in school. 

I never really liked finals time and I am noticing my children do not enjoy it to much either. 

Staying motivated during finals can be hard to do. There is so much to study. 

First I have found any time I have a large problem in front of me I have to break it up into smaller problems. 

So do not sit there dreading all the finals that are coming up. Start by preparing for your first one. 

Keep working through each topic you have a test for. 

Preparation can make the finals time of year much easier on you. Poor planning really is not an excuse. 

A final exam should not be hard if you have been paying attention in class, engaging with the class room and teacher leading all the way up to the test. 

But maybe you chose not to pay attention in class so now you are cramming.

Just break the problem up into smaller segments and start working on each segment one at a time. 

Build a list and draw a line through each item as you feel you like you have a full understanding of the topic. This will give you the satisfaction of finishing something. That winning feeling should be able to drive you to the next item on your list. 

Remember you need to sleep. You can also retain so much information in each segment. Try to take a break every 45 - 60 minutes. A quick walk around outside and a piece of fruit will help keep you calm. 

Now get back to studying!

Good luck on your finals 🙂

How do you stay motivated during finals season? 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am done with school now but what I did was rewarded myself. There was this smoothie place in walking distance of my campus and it was EXPENSIVE! So I would only get one for myself if I complete my work. This helped me stay focused knowing I can reward myself with something tasty and a nice long nap after. 😇

• Like 1