Would you ever invest in a trailer park?

Justin89

I almost pulled the trigger on buying a trailer park near where I live. Not many people were living in this trailer park, and I would have had to install trailers on each plot I wanted to rent out. Which would have costed me a lot. So I decided not to. But, if I end up finding another trailer park, but with actual trailers around, then I may consider buying. 

But, I'm curious, do you think a trailer park can be profitable? I want to make a trailer park and spruce it up a lot, make sure the community is well protected and the area is clean of garbage and other stuff. Basically a suburbs for a trailer park.

What do you think? Could it work?

I would if the price was right and the numbers made sense. 

My only rule with trailer parks is that I do not want to own any of the trailers / mobile homes. I only want to be responsible for leasing out the pad and maintaining the grounds. 

Easy operation, easy to maintain with no park owned trailers / homes, just need to keep the place secure and clean. When trailer parks were affordable 6 - 7 years ago I should have been paying attention. With what I know now I would jump in head first if I saw a decent deal come along. As long as there are no park owned homes and I could buy at a fair cap rate I would be a happy camper. 

Would you invest in a trailer / mobile home park? 

• Like 1

I love the idea of owning a small community of housing but you have to figure that you will need to invest a lot of money and time into maintaining and running one of these types of properties and from what I know, most are run by more than one person for a reason. It is hard work! I think I would rather rent out homes on the same street. 

• Like 1