What's the longest amount of time you worked in one go?

StanleyZEN

What would you guys say is the longest you've ever worked in one go? Maybe it was a weekend where you had to stay at work the whole time, or maybe you're running your own business/site/store etc and had to take the time to do something important. 

For me, I would say I have worked quite a bit in the past, many days where I'd be up through the night and early morning working. I don't know the longest amount of time I worked in one stretch, but it's probably a day and a half maybe. 

• Like 1

In the starting of my last primary project I had plenty of 30 hour + days. We did what we had to do to get the orders out to the customers. 

When working for others the longest day I ever pulled was at a Safeway 20 hour long day (was a union job so the overtime was really nice). We were turning over the store so everything was moving from one aisle to the next. Was a lot of work but I loved that paycheck. 

There were plenty of times where as a W-2 wage earner I would have 2 - 3 jobs at a time. There were plenty of 16 hour days. Weeks with no days off. Just kept on grinding. I always thought that the grind I learned when working for others really did me well in that transition to working for myself. 

To this day I do not think of a week like a normal work week. I work when I need to work. The more I do the more potential I will have to earn. I do understand though as I have gotten older time off is needed and recovery time is important. So I try to make sure to take Sundays off for the most part but heck if something came up I would do what needs to be done. 

The longest amount of time I worked in one sitting or timeframe, would probably be around 15 hours or so. Since I work online, I am often on my PC all day anyway, but I had a massive project to handle a few years back, that was going to pay me quite well for a days work. That day almost turned out to be a full day, but I made it up to 15 hours before the work was finally completed. 

I haven't had days like that in years, but I get a usual 6 hour workday in most days. 

• Like 1