Does working as a social media manager pay well?

Mickey

I do a lot of work on social media and I was thinking it would be a good idea to look into becoming a social media manager. I'm good with people, good with running social sites and so on. Does this type of job pay well? Or does it depend on who you work for?

• Like 1

I mean, it can. But it does depend on who you're working for. The more popular, famous, important, etc will pay you more. But it's not like you have to focus on just one set of socials to take control of. I can have multiple pages running on my Facebook. I can also be signed into multiple accounts on Twitter. So you could work a bunch of jobs at once and make even more in the process. 

• Like 1

Yeah it can be a decent job. If you get on at a larger company they may pay pretty well. They will expect results of course so make sure you are able to provide that. 

On the freelance side of things I feel like the process has been broken down so much that there has been a race to the bottom. 

The activities we must do to grow on social media are not hard activities they are just time consuming. The work is not complicated but is mind numbingly boring. 

I have typically broken up the process to find better rates for myself. I have someone create the content and do hashtag research. I then upload and schedule. Then on a daily basis I have tasks such as replying to others, following, sending messages.