Studying new subjects to better yourself

Rachel

Do you guys ever study new subjects to expand your horizon? I like to study & learn new things. I've actually been trying to learn to speak Spanish. I tried to learn in high school, but during that time I didn't pay much attention. But I am aiming to learn a lot more than just new languages. Have you learned anything new lately? 

• Like 1

It is  good to challenge ourselves and take ourselves on new adventures. 

Taking up a new hobby is hard for me because I am an all in kind of guy. I cant just start something and then not give it at least 15 hours a week of effort. My problem is picking up something brand new means sacrificing something I am currently doing. There is only so much time in a day. 

New things do get added to the routine from time to time. 

I tried learning the guitar but I didn't really try. After paying for lessons for 2 years and only practicing about 1 hour a week of course I was not advancing at a pace that I wanted to but at the same time I was not giving it my all either. I decided to save some money and ditch that goal. I just did not want it bad enough to make the sacrifices to add it into my routine. 

For me I do study a lot but I study subjects I already work in. Trying to stay up to date with the latest trends and experimenting with new techniques. As long as I always feel like I have some kind of mountain I am climbing I am good knowing that everyday I am making a bit more growth to be the best I can at what I have chosen to do. 

If you're studying new subjects, might I suggest Skillshare? It's like a site to take courses/classes to learn any subject you really want to. I truly think it's going to overtake colleges as the best new way to learn a valuable skill. Aside from Skillshare, there are many other sites where you can study in trades and other jobs. 

But yeah, learning new stuff helps a ton in growing your mind and expanding your options job wise even. 

• Like 1