Jump to content

If you saw someone being attacked and there are other people around, would you help?


Damon
 Share

What would you do?  

6 members have voted

  1. 1. If you saw someone being attacked and there are other people around, would you help?

    • I would step in to help stop it
      1
    • I will let it go, I'm not getting involved
      1
    • I'll wait and see if another else steps in to help
      0
    • Other (discuss)
      4


Recommended Posts

What would you do in this situation? Would you help the person being attacked? Would you hope someone else would step in? Or maybe you'll just let it happen? 

I don't know what I would do. But I like to think I would step in to help. But when it comes to such a situation, people freeze, and figure they shouldn't get involved. So, they tend to wait for someone to step up, but no one does usually. What do you think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have seen so many strange things over the years. I know a majority of people do not help. I would most likely step in and help if the situation was right. 

Like if there are a couple guys fighting I am not getting in the middle of that. If there is a guy on the ground being attacked by someone else then I would likely try to jump in and help the guy on the ground out. 

It would also depend on the size of the crowd and a few other things. 

I do feel a majority of the time I would try to help in someway. I would want help if I was in the same situation. 

If the odds are stacked against me in a big way and I felt my life would be on the line if I did something unfortunately I would not be able to help in that situation. 

I think when these things do happen we know if we can get involved or not. There is a feeling that comes over us and then we just react.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would not get directly involved but I would call the police. I don't mind helping people and would in most cases but if someone was being attacked, the attacker might have a gun or knife, and I am a very small short woman. There is not much I could physically do. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 8:15 PM, Stacey said:

I would not get directly involved but I would call the police. I don't mind helping people and would in most cases but if someone was being attacked, the attacker might have a gun or knife, and I am a very small short woman. There is not much I could physically do. 

This. I could not just bring myself to jump into a fight for a stranger but I would help from the distance by calling the police or finding someone who could help them. If I was trained and armed with a gun, that would be different.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, idk what I would do. I think people get stuck as the witness, because they are too scared to jump in to stop anything. I think people expect someone else to jump in and stop it, and this sometimes is what keeps the problem going. We wait for someone to step in, all the while the attack continues. Some may call the police or record it, but I rarely see people step in to help. 

And I am by no means someone who can push off a bunch of guys or even a bunch of girls. And as well, who's to say they won't revert to attacking me. I think this is what goes through the minds of bystanders who can't step in. 

But there is also a problem with not stepping in. If you're stuck, watching it and someone dies, you could be tried as an accomplice or whatever it was for someone who stood by and didn't do anything. I forget the word, but that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 9:11 PM, Emma said:

This. I could not just bring myself to jump into a fight for a stranger but I would help from the distance by calling the police or finding someone who could help them. If I was trained and armed with a gun, that would be different.

Oh yeah for sure. I feel like if people had basic safety and gun training, there would be less crime as well. People would not be going around doing crap to others if they knew there was a higher chance someone in the area owned a gun and knew how to use it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2021 at 4:57 PM, Stacey said:

Oh yeah for sure. I feel like if people had basic safety and gun training, there would be less crime as well. People would not be going around doing crap to others if they knew there was a higher chance someone in the area owned a gun and knew how to use it.

Didn't they so something with gun laws somewhere and crime went down significantly? I am pretty sure that was recent because I remember hearing about it. Like they made open carry legal. I would imagine this would be the case in most areas. The trouble is that cities are so crowded that having guns even for self defense could be disastrous. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Emma said:

Didn't they so something with gun laws somewhere and crime went down significantly? I am pretty sure that was recent because I remember hearing about it. Like they made open carry legal. I would imagine this would be the case in most areas. The trouble is that cities are so crowded that having guns even for self defense could be disastrous. 

We survive in Arizona just fine and we have a couple large cities. Lots of people open carry here. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2021 at 1:40 PM, James said:

We survive in Arizona just fine and we have a couple large cities. Lots of people open carry here. 

Something I just heard today that freaked me out about Arizona is that they have the most abductions. Like people going missing nationwide. I wonder if this has to do with the Mexican cartel and maybe this is why the cities allow open carry there? That would make sense to me. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Stacey said:

Something I just heard today that freaked me out about Arizona is that they have the most abductions. Like people going missing nationwide. I wonder if this has to do with the Mexican cartel and maybe this is why the cities allow open carry there? That would make sense to me. 

Yes I have read this in a few places. It does not seem uncommonly high though when you watch the local news. We have never felt unsafe letting our kids ride their bikes to school and live normal lives. 

Think our open carry laws revolve more around our rights as people. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 12:05 PM, James said:

Yes I have read this in a few places. It does not seem uncommonly high though when you watch the local news. We have never felt unsafe letting our kids ride their bikes to school and live normal lives. 

Think our open carry laws revolve more around our rights as people. 

Maybe the open carry is why it doesn't happen more. I would not be surprised. I mean if I had kids and I didn't feel safe in an area, I would move. There is no reason to bring your kids up in fear. I am glad you and your family feel safe where you are. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...