Is Milk bad for weight loss?

EagleEye

There are not very many mammals that drink milk past the infant stages. I have not drank milk in years. 

Are you saying you used to make protein shakes or something for breakfast? I think that is fine I typically have green smoothies for lunch. If you are talking about milkshakes like I would buy from a ice cream shop that definitely would not work 😛

• Like 1

Milk should be an ingredient, nothing more. There is a reason most races are partially or fully lactose intolerant past the age of 15. That being said, milk in moderation won't cause you to gain weight but I am talking 1/2 to 3/4 max per day. If you can help it, go for lactose free varieties. 

• Like 1

Just stick with 1% milk if you are concerned about weight gain. Though some do argue that whole milk is healthier and very unlikely to cause weight gain. I know a few people on keto and they drink a lot of the stuff. I can't have much of it because I get stomach issues from it. Same with yogurt and other dairy items. Butter seems to be fine for me and some cheese though. 

• Like 1

I have gained and lost weight with and without milk in my diet. I think it always comes down to calories. Milk in and of itself is not unhealthy but it does contain a lot of fat (whole milk) and a lot of calories for such a small amount so limiting yourself, you should be fine!

• Like 1

My brother drinks "milkshakes" in the morning. His friend from the UK got him doing it. It isn't the same as a standard milkshake I would imagine which is a thick dessert. The kind I think you are referring to is a powder you mix into milk. I just consider that flavored milk myself but I know things are different in different places around the world. I would say you should be find with this assuming you are not drinking a big milkshake and you are otherwise active during the morning/afternoon to burn off the calories. 

• Like 1